Cases that relate to potential negligence or breach of contract will be handled mainly by State and Territory based legislation, and these laws are varied by region. That means that your case will have to be handled by a specialist liability lawyer, who will advise you on the the potential entitlements of your claim.
Has a Faulty or Defective Product Caused You Injury?
Australians suffer injuries as the result of faulty or defective products every day. Whether it is a burn caused by defective electrical equipment, or car accidents caused by poor workmanship, you may be entitled to compensation.
Here are some examples of cases handled by Compensation Claims's specialist injury lawyers:● Faulty electrical appliance causing burns or electrocution.
● Defective product or equipment causing injury.
● Product that are used in or on the body causes injury.
● Car accidents that result from defective parts or faulty workmanship.
● Household products causing injury.
● Faulty toys causing injury to children.
This is just a small selection of the many issues that may cause injuries. For more information or advice, call Compensation Claims at 1300 30 60 88.
What to Do In Case of Product Liability
If you were injured by a possibly faulty product, and you feel that you have grounds for a product liability compensation claim, you should follow these important steps:1. Seek treatment for the injuries and ensure that your healthcare provider is aware of the circumstances surrounding the injury.
2. Report the incident to the manufacturer, owner or service provider.
3. Retain all documentation and evidence that support your claim, including the faulty or defective product. Do not release the product to the owner or manufacturer until you have obtained legal advice.
4. Call Compensation Claims on 1300 138 767
We will provide specialist legal assistance and advice. The first step will be assessing the circumstances and whether you have grounds for a claim.
The onus is upon your legal team to prove:● that faulty or defective workmanship and that the quality of the service caused your injury.
● that the product you received was less safe than one could reasonably expect.
Be sure that you speak to a specialist product liability compensation lawyer about your specific situation. When you call Compensation Claims we will put you in touch with an expert who will provide the best advice.
Product Liability Compensation Entitlements
Amounts of compensation entitlement vary from one jurisdiction to another. In some cases, different thresholds regarding minimum severity of injury must be met with respect to certain aspects of the claim, particularly where pain and suffering claims are concerned.If you suffered an injury as the result of a faulty product, you may be entitled to:
● loss of earnings and superannuation
● a lump sum as compensation for pain and suffering
● compensation for medical expenses resulting from injuries
● compensation for the cost of future care and assistance
● compensation for the costs of modifications to your home
● other miscellaneous expenses that relate to the injury or incident
When you call Compensation Claims Australia, we will put you in touch with a specialist product liability solicitor who will be able to advise you on your particular entitlements.
Remember that time limits apply, so get free advice and legal assistance as soon as possible.